The Northborough Education Foundation is pleased to announce
the First Annual
I Love Northborough
$1000 Scholarship Art Contest
This content is open to all students of Algonquin Regional High School who were enrolled during the 2017-18 school year, as well as any Northborough resident who was, during the 2017-18 academic year, enrolled in an academic program designed to conclude with the awarding of a high school diploma. (Click here for complete contest rules and eligibility).
The Northborough Education Foundation will be awarding one $1000 College Scholarship (sponsored by Main Street Bank) to the individual whose piece of Art is selected as this year’s “I Love Northborough” contest winner. The selected piece of art will be reproduced in limited addition and sold to the public to benefit the Northborough Education Foundation and, therefore, the Northborough Public Schools.
- Artwork should in some way reflect or recall the town or community of Northborough.
- Final artwork will be produced in an 8” x 8” format. While each entry does not need to be submitted in that exact size, it should be proportional to those dimensions. Entries should not exceed 12”x12” for live area of artwork.
- Artwork will need to be easily scanned and reproduced, so must be two-dimensional in nature.
- Media may include, but are not limited to, photography, paint, chalk, pencil, collage or digital art.
- Please note any artwork receiving a Scholarship Award from NEF, becomes the exclusive proprietary property of NEF and cannot be copied, reproduced, or given to any other parties without our expressed written permission. All such information/material supplied and/or produced shall be kept in confidence. Once a design is accepted by NEF for a Scholarship Award, NEF will own sole reproduction rights, in any medium.
- All reproduction prints will include artist name, year and number of prints.
Submissions will be judged by the 2018 Applefest Gala Committee based on the following criteria:
- Overall aesthetic appeal
- “Local Flavor” (How well it reflects or represents the town or community of Northborough, MA)
- Suitability for commercial appeal to a local audience
- Quality of execution
- Creativity and Originality
Questions? Email email@example.com